Provinces of Uzbekistan
Page 2

Map of Navoi Province. Click for resize The Province of Navoi is situated in the southwestern part of Uzbekistan, bordered by Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, in the middle of the Kizil-Kum Desert. The climate is typically continental and arid.

Administrative center: Navoi (population 122,900)
Area: 110,990 square kilometers
Population: 819,500, with about 59.4% living in rural areas and 40.6% living in towns
Automobile codes: 21 - valid till 01.01.2011; 85 - valid for new automobile numbers

The province is divided into 8 administrative districts. Other towns are Kisiltepa, Nurata, Uchkuduk, Zarafshan, and Yangirobad.


Map of Samarkand Province. Click for resize The Province of Samarkand is situated in the center of Uzbekistan, in the basin of the Zarafshan River, bordered by Tajikistan. The climate is characteristically continental and arid.

Administrative center: Samarkand (population 363,900)
Area: 16,770 square kilometers, with an average population density of 149 people per square kilometer
Population: 2,955,500, of which three quarters live in rural areas
Automobile codes: 14 - valid till 01.01.2011; 30 - valid for new automobile numbers

The Province is divided into 16 administrative districts. Other important towns are Bulungur, Djuma, Ishtikhon, Kattaqurgan, Urgut, and Aktash.

Map of Surkhandarya Province. Click for resize The province of Surkhandarya is situated in the southern part of Uzbekistan, bordered by Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Afghanistan. The climate is typically continental with mild winters and hot summers.

Administrative center: Termez (population 125,300)
Area: 20,100 square kilometers
Population: 1 957, 800 with the majority (79.8%) living in rural areas
Automobile codes: 19 - valid till 01.01.2011; 75 - valid for new automobile numbers

The Province is divided into 14 administrative districts. Other towns in the Province are Baysin, Denau, Jarqurgan, Qumqurgon, Shargun, Sherabad, Shurchy, and Sariaciya.


Map of Syrdarya Province. Click for resize The Province of Syrdarya is located in the center of Uzbekistan, on the left bank of the Syrdarya River, bordered by Kazakhstan and Tajikistan. The Steppe takes up a significant part of its area. The climate is typically continental and arid.

Administrative center: Gulistan (population 56,200)
Area: 4,300 square kilometers
Population: 684,300
Automobile codes: 12 - valid till 01.01.2011; 20 - valid for new automobile numbers

Syrdarya Province is divided into 9 administrative districts. Other towns are Baht, Khavast, Mirzakent, Pakhtaabad, Sardoba, Syrdarya, Shirin and Yangiyer.


Map of Tashkent Province. Click for resize The Province of Tashkent is situated in the northeastern part of Uzbekistan, between the western slopes of the Tian-Shan mountain range and the Syrdarya River, bordered by Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan. The climate is typically continental, with mild, wet winters and hot, dry summers.

Administrative center: Tashkent (population 2,900,100)
Area: 15,600 square kilometers
Population: 4,450,000 and the average density is 147 people per square kilometer.
Automobile codes: 11 - valid till 01.01.2011; 10 - valid for new automobile numbers.

The province is divided into 15 administrative districts. There are 16 towns in the Province; the largest towns are Angren, Almalik, Akhangaran, Bekabad, Chirchik, Gazalkent, Keles, Parkent, Toy-Tepa, Yangiabad and Yangiyul, where most productive activities are concentrated. There are also 13 towns and smaller villages.
The territory is rich in copper, brown coal, molybdenum, zinc, gold, silver, rare metals and more.


Map of Karakalpakistan. Karakalpakistan map. Click for resize The Republic of Karakalpakistan is situated in the southwestern part of Uzbekistan. It occupies the area from the northwestern part of the Kizil-Kum Desert to the Amudarya River delta, bordered by Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan. The climate is typically continental, with very hot summers and cold winters without snow.

Capital: Nukus (population 261,900)
Area: 166,600 square kilometers
Population: 1,582,700, mainly Uzbek (32.8%) and Karakalpak (32.1%). About 48% of the population lives in rural areas, while the other 52% live in towns.
Automobile codes: 23 - valid till 01.01.2011; 95 - valid for new automobile numbers.

The Republic is divided into 15 administrative districts, 12 towns and 16 villages. Other significant towns are Beruny, Buston, Khodjeily, Kungrad, Muynaq, Takhiatash, Turtkul, and Chimbad.

Pages: 1 | 2







About Company  |  Contact Us  |  Careers  |  Newsroom
OrexCA.com © 2003-2014. All rights reserved
Created by OrexCA.com creative group
License № 037-04, Certification № 006550
ISO 9001:2008 certified
Terms of use

Our contacts: e-mail: info@OrexCA.com
Reservation Department: (+998 71) 235 70 98
Tourism Department: (+998 71) 235 76 50
Administrative Department: (+998 71) 235 90 82
London: +44 (0) 20 3287 5671