Djami Mosque and Minaret
Monuments of Kokand

The Djami Mosque and Minaret were built in 1814-1817, on the orders of Umar-Khan. Its area is 97,5m x 25,5m. The mosque supported by 98 columns, 88 outside and 10 inside the winter aivan, many of which were made from whole elm trees transported from India.

Today people call these columns "Stone Trees". In the center of this area there is a 22m high minaret. Once, this minaret served as the central clock tower.

This material has been kindly provided by Ms. Elena Azarenko

  • Historical and architectural monuments of the Fergana Valley >>> >>>

    Articles about Ferghana Valley in Uzbek and Central Asian travel magazines:

  • Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret
    Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret
    Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret
    Pictures of Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret
    Pictures of Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret
    Pictures of Pictures of Djamimosk and Minaret






    About Company  |  Contact Us  |  Careers  |  Newsroom
    OrexCA.com © 2003-2017. All rights reserved
    Created by OrexCA.com creative group
    License № 037-04, Certification № 010064
    ISO 9001:2008 certified
    Terms of use

    Our contacts:
    E-mail: info@OrexCA.com
    Moscow: +7 (495) 108-04-32
    Tashkent: (+998 71) 200-96-00
    Fax: (+998 71) 230-96-55
    Address: 142/1, Mukimiy str., Tashkent
    Road map